Young Boys

Young Boys

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Introducing our newest addition!

The boys have been wanting a dog for a LONG time now. And we finally gave in.  We've been looking for months and then one random Saturday in January we found her. She was with Freedom Tails rescue and they had an adoption day at Petsmart.  While the paperwork was going through Kellan started stocking up on stuff in the store. 

We only bought less than half the stuff Kellan wanted to buy but brought home our spoiled little girl, Uma.  I wanted to name her Kina but on the drive home the Fall Out Boy song Uma Thurman came on and Caleb said, "Let's name her Uma!" I said she needed a Hawaiian name but turns out Uma is Hawaiian!
She is so sweet!  We've been in love with her since day 1!



The boys insisted on buying their "baby sister" only pink things... because you know, that's all girls like.
She had four sisters up for adoption with her so we made sure she had a little friend in her crate at night.
Ok people it is well known that I am not a big dog lover. I like animals, I appreciate animal lovers and crazy pet people but I am not one of them.  I fell in love with this dog.  I got teary holding her at Petsmart.  She was my instant snuggle buddy.  It's been almost 8 weeks and the novelty hasn't worn off!  I am still in love, even after potty training - which she picked up REALLY FAST - even after this crazy chewing phase, and even after having to walk her!
The boys are still completely in love too!  She takes turns sleeping in their beds and putting them to sleep.
Yes! I do not pick up dog poop! Kellan is the best at it.  Caleb makes deals with Kellan all the time so all he has to do it hold the bag.

Crue wants Uma to go everywhere with him! He cries if we "leave her".
I would have to say Crue loves Uma the most.  He pays the most attention to her and gets so excited to see her.  She's the first thing he asks for in the morning... aside from candy.

One day we couldn't find Crue anywhere in the house.  He was out back laying practically in a bush, singing to Uma.
He loves to just lay by her and poke her face.  She lets him.
He does also kiss her on the mouth... a lot. The best thing about Crue and Uma is the improvement in his temperament.  His emotional outbursts (haha) have reduced and he focuses his extra energy on Uma.  He is pretty possessive though and yells at his brothers if they open her crate or feed her dinner.  He does not like to share and lets everyone know, "Uma is my girl girl!"
Now that Uma is more active Caleb loves getting her all wild and crazy. They run and wrestle!


This girl loves to sun bathe! She does it every chance she gets.

She is slowly warming up to liking bath time. She's pretty spoiled and gets a bath at least 1-2 times a week.


So she's kind of lazy... she loves to get out of the house now that she's had all her shots but she likes to just lay in the grass most of the time.  She'll run for a couple minutes then lay there for awhile.  She's like this with her excitement.  When people come over she gets excited for less than five minutes and then ignores them for the rest of their visit.
So Uma loves me back.  She follows me everywhere I go.  If I'm doing laundry she'll sit in her bean bag by my bed the whole time.  The boys are constantly trying to get her to go downstairs but she won't unless I'm down there.  And when I'm putting the clothes away, she walks behind me back and forth, back and forth to the boys rooms. 
 And when I'm in the office... she lays under the office table.
 Last week baby girl had to get spayed.  We all felt so bad for her! She had a hard time with it and got lots of extra loves. She did't wear her cone for long though because after hearing us say no to licking her stitches she stopped completely!
 Crue was sick the day of her surgery and so the two of them comforted each other.  It was sad but sweet!
Well we LOVE our little Uma who is getting less little every day! So excited to watch her grow up with her brothers!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and has such a loving family! You guys have turned out to be good dog parents after all. I'm glad she has the boys and that they have her. She is a good girl even though she chewed up my plumeria plant. She doesn't bark or jump on the furniture, so I will forgive her. xoxo Nana

    ReplyDelete