One day I'll be caught up... so in November I had to have surgery. I don't know what else to say except that it was awful. Anyway, Crue gave us a little scare that morning, we were sure he had a kidney infection so instead of going to the babysitters he came to the hospital. He was so sweet. I'm glad I had my buddy with me.
It was a long, awful recovery and I wouldn't have survived it without this woman! Grandma Penny came to visit and help with the boys! She did sooooo much while I was stuck in bed. We are so so grateful for her.The boys loved having her!
Crue spent a lot of time with her and really missed her when she had to go home!
Crue was my little doctor during my recovery.
It was hard on the boys to have mom down and out. Caleb was a really big helper too! Crue didn't always like his methods though.
Crue would pretend his random toys had surgery and he would take care of them... pretty much treat them like babies. haha
The boys entertained me by putting on lots of shows and performances.
Dad's birthday wasn't too fantastic this year because it was only two weeks after my surgery but we tried to make it as special as we could. Nana made it possible by running around getting balloons, presents and helping make a donut cake.
I think he was only expecting to come home to a messy house, crazy boys and a wife curled up on the couch! SURPRISE!
Nana and Papa spoiled him with a HUGE, this means business deep fryer! Oh the possibilities! The boys got him a special christmas light hanging tool. Yay!
Caleb was excited for Thanksgiving this year. In class they had to make turkeys dressed as service workers. Police and Fire fighters were taken pretty quick so we tried to be creative and designed a lifeguard.
Kellan did Thanksgiving projects too. He came home with this sad Indian. I asked why the indian was sad and he said, "Because white man killed him." Uhhhhhh..... After a few discussions I have decided he was just making connections between Thanksgiving and Pocahontas. I guess we won't be watching that movie for awhile...Kellan was super excited for Thanksgiving because his favorite baby cousins were coming to visit! He went straight to Emerson and wouldn't leave his side!
A few days before Thanksgiving we were at Nana and Papas to see baby Emmy and we did some baking and cookie decorating.
We can't get enough of Baby Emmy!
We were so excited when Rhett came! Another cute baby to ooh and ah and play with!
So we had dinner and Nana and Papa's the day before Thanksgiving but when we were driving home this guy said he was STARVING so we hit up Taco Bell. It really is mind boggling how skinny he is with how much he eats!
Thanksgiving Day! Sissy picture!
Yummy herb brined and buttered turkey.Abby gave the boys their christmas presents early so she could watch them open them.
Ninja Turtle awesomeness.
Nephew love
The boys have welcomed Fernando into our family!
We always love Uncle Ryan
and Auntie Nelly!
Nana took this suuuuper cute picture of Kellan roasting marshmallows. I love him.
We hit the zoo lights before everyone had to leave!
Emmy was my wheelchair buddy for a bit.
The next day we went to the aquarium.
We thought we'd finish off our sea-ful day with some seafood. Joe's Crab Shack!
That was some delicious lobster! November had a yucky beginning but an awesome end!






























No comments:
Post a Comment