Young Boys

Young Boys

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2014 so far...

Just in case you're wondering why it's taking me so long to blog, the answer is Crue.  That little boy somehow deleted the operating system on my computer.  Luckily I back up all the important stuff to iCloud and my external hard drive but it took a bit to put everything back together. Anyway, here we go... 2014... 


My cousin Chris got married in January and the boys loved dancing at his wedding... we were a little hyper after the party.  Kellan stayed with Dad to take DJ equipment down but I'm sure if he was there he'd have a crazy face too. 
 Kellan has started asking me out on dates and what does he want to do?  The same exact dates I've taken Caleb on, only better! He said he wants to go to the same restaurant but order better food.
 Crue started the year off with the weird habit of resting his hand on my head as he fell asleep.  Now he just holds my hand.
 I turned 29.  The boys talked about it every chance they got.  Caleb told me every way you could add digits to get 29.  Kellan still thinks I was born after him.  It was a fun birthday.  We ate A LOT!  That's how I do my birthdays.
 The only chore Crue volunteers for is washing dishes! Bubbles, water, splashing. It's more fun than chore.
 We made new friends in January. Brett (on the left) isn't new but he doesn't go to the same school as Caleb anymore so they treasure their time together.  Jade Weech on the right is Kellan's newest friend and one of his favorites!  She is the first girl he has approved to be his friend.  He says she's just like a friend who is a boy.
 She and her sister Lily, whom the boys LOVE as well, are our new favorite park buddies and have come over for movie time and craft time!
 I love having some girls around who appreciate my craft ideas! She's bringing out Kellan's creative side as well!
 Crue calls Jade his sister. She's so cute with him but they haven't become so close that now they fight just like brother and sister.  They are either playing perfectly or getting in each other's faces!
 Chance Glenn has become these boys favorite 11 year old!  He plays with them at the park and comes over to hang out.  We went to his championship basketball game to cheer him on.  The boys were super impressed with his ballin' skills. We just found his family is moving to Utah and we are SO SAD!!!  Brett is his brother so Caleb is losing two best friends!
So Crue's mischief hasn't diminished at all with the new year. Last month while I was choosing what to wear I heard him say, "Don't be mad Mom."  I came out to find all my BB cream squeezed out, eyeshadow dumped out, and eyeliner broken. 
 So we made Crue cut his hair... a lot of it and he wasn't happy but he looked so grown up!
 Crue has been obsessed with temples.  One day during chore time he made a temple out of toilet paper and paper towels.  A batman action figure was his Angel Moroni.
 Crue was THRILLED when we went to the actual temple.  We took the boys to the open house for the Gilbert Temple. Crue asks to go back every time we drive by and is not happy when I tell him he's not old enough.
 This boy wants some cool "Austin Moon" shoes!
 Valentines Day this year was low key but not without some hearts and kisses!

 And cuddles!

 Kellan's latest hobby is to draw silly old man faces.
 He also takes care of his brothers. Caleb stayed home with an ear infection one day and Crue has been getting his two year molars (yikes) so Kellan comforted them.
 So my I get kicked out of my bed regularly in the morning by these two! Kellan comes in almost every morning and falls back asleep but now Crue is starting to do it!  Good thing we stuck the futon in our bedroom.
 But these boys are exponentially happier throughout the day when they sleep in, in my bed. It's worth getting kicked out!
I'm in love with this face... and those eyes. 

Papa turned 50 this year! The boys couldn't comprehend it haha! They had fun making his present though!
 Kellan still LOVES babies! Jade's baby brother is one of his favorites!
 Our crazy boys think it's summer already.  80 degrees is not summer to me but if they want to endure a freezing pool, I'm glad we have a shallow baby pool in our community so I don't have to get in!
 They have played in our sprinklers out back several times already.  It usually includes some superhero play.


 Crue is game for most of Caleb's crazy ideas.

 Kellan has decided that this little girl, Emma McMaster, should be their sister because she looks more like them.  She's in nursery with Crue and we all adore her!
 We are the proud of owners of two aquatic turtles! We have a red eared slider named Stormer Zayn and an African side necked turtle named Efro Kai. The boys LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They have been really fun so far! Stormer is crazy and always entertaining to watch! Caleb wrote a report on them so I'll have to put that up here.
 We take them outside for 15 minutes a day.  Stormer just wanders around the whole yard.

 Caleb received another award at his most recent school award assembly.  He got the highest award of the quarter for excellence in every category. So proud of that fella! So are his brothers! We were supposed to be quiet during the ceremony but they cheered like it was a sporting event.
 They wouldn't let him walk back to class!
 So Caleb still loves science as much as ever.  His latest self motivated science project was turning minerals to crystals using salt and water.  He wrote a report on that too.  He also just one day decided to do a book report.  I asked other people in his class if they had to do a book report and they said, "What's a book report?" He LOVES homework!

 This past Sunday Kellan wowed me with his sweetness yet again! He spent Sacrament meeting drawing pictures of his family... aww.
 Then that night he volunteered to say the bed time prayer and helped Crue be quiet and reverent during it!  I love all my sweet, funny boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment