Young Boys

Young Boys

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Zoo Trips

On February 28th I went on Caleb's 1st grade field trip to the Phoenix Zoo. I was in charge of six kids. I was exhausted by the end of the day.  We were there from 9am to 1:30pm. The kids were all exhausted and HOT! 
 So a bunch of girls kept following Caleb around and trying to get in pictures with him, He noticed them but didn't really give them any attention.

 One of his best friends and love interest from last year, Maci Clonts was in our group.  They are fun together!!

 Gross!  They talked me into going to the farm petting zoo.
 Haha Caleb and his sense of humor.  He said the caption for this should be, "What the what?!"
So Caleb's teacher was really nice and let Caleb choose kids for his group.  So he got to be with his best friends, Maci, Rey, Rob and Cameron.
 Silly boys!







 One of the girls, Cara, seriously tried to climb in a few enclosures!  She made me crazy.  She encouraged them all to stand on the rail in this picture but the animals below were just antelope so I wasn't AS stressed about it.
This orangutan was HILARIOUS!  It was making hats out of leaves and the kids loved it!

 Here's all the kids from Caleb's class that went on the field trip.
 So as soon as all the groups were back together to get on the bus, Caleb was swarmed with girls hugging on him.  They were seriously fighting over who got to hold his hand and sit by him.  When I said I was going to sit by him on the bus a couple started crying.  The girl in the back cried a lot because she couldn't get close enough to him to hug him and once she asked if he would hold her hand and he said no. HEARTBREAKER!
 So he held two girls hands and one held onto his shoulders since he was out of hands to hold.
 It was a fun but exhausting day.  I'm glad I was there with Caleb.  We had fun and I gained some insight into his bachelor lifestyle.
A couple weeks ago we went to the Wildlife World Zoo with Nana and Daddy. 
 We love this zoo because you can see all the animals and get up close to most of them.

 Kellan loved the turtles.

 Alligators!!!

 The jaguar was actually pretty scary.

 Kellan was the most excited about all the animals but his favorite were the tigers!

 Some crocs!

 African Safari time




 Cute brothers!
 We tried feeding the giraffe but it was a baby and couldn't reach his neck up high enough.  So the boys threw food at his face hoping to get it in his mouth.
 Nana and Crue with the white lion!
 This dude freaked me out so I tried to return the favor.
 Rays!
 Kellan was more hands off with this hands on experience.
 They have penguins now! One of our favorite animals!  It was a really fun day!  Thanks Nana!

1 comment:

  1. That is HILARIOUS that girls were crying because they couldn't sit by Caleb on the bus!! lol!

    ReplyDelete