The night before school started Caleb requested his favorite meal, stroganoff.
After dinner we had our Back to School FHE part 1 and had fathers blessings.
I had the boys fill out information sheets and back to schools interviews. I love that Caleb put a question mark for what he was nervous about... He asked, "Why would I be nervous?" His other goal is to work on his handwriting. He writes fast and doesn't "draw" the letters the way they teach in school. He said his way is faster. This year he will be learning the Spalding method so hopefully he finds it's up to his standards.
Anyway who knows Caleb knows how much he hates milk... and green beans! It's funny because those are two of Kellan's favorites.
I don't know how Kellan plans to get some gold...
Kellan scolded me afterwards that tomatoes were no longer his favorite but that now it's broccoli!
August 5 was Caleb's first day of first grade! He already knows his teacher really well because he went to her 1st grade class every day last year for a couple hours in the morning. Higley Elementary is now Higley Traditional Academy and the students have to wear uniforms. Caleb loves it. He was so excited to wear a belt on the first day (and every day after that). I thought he would mind tucking in his shirt but he thinks it's handsome and shows off his belt.
I think he's pretty handsome, belt or no belt!
This boy loves to take goofy pictures so of course we had to on the first day of school!
Thumbs up before we got in the car!
He was so glad Daddy took the day off to take Caleb to school and pick him up. (Kellan was sick that day. It was his first day of school also but he had to miss it. Dang ear infections!)
What a studly 1st grader!
All lined up to go in the classroom!
I'm sad this picture was blurry but I had to sneak a photo of him in the classroom.
I was sad all day! It was the longest 7 hours ever! I've had so much fun with him over the summer and miss him so much! I stayed home with sick boy Kellan and napping Crue when Daddy went to get Caleb. I waited by the door so I could give him a big kiss as soon as I saw him!
He loves his new Nikes!
He requested kalua pig for dinner and he got it!
His second day of school was a rainy one! I love his black shirt with khakis outfit, and of course, with the belt!
Wednesday he was excited to wear his new Sperrys. I love that he loves shoes and being kind of preppy!
Wednesday was Kellan's first day! He was feeling much better and so excited for school! He wanted to wear a uniform like Caleb so we found the closest thing we could.
The rest of the school week was a success. Caleb was disappointed he didn't have more homework but I assured him it's coming! Friday night we went to Bahama Bucks to celebrate the first week of school!
You may be wondering what Crue is up to while his brothers are off at school... we've been keeping busy and he is LOVING being an occasional only child! He started music class on Monday and had a GREAT time! He participated in every song and activity.
Today he started Play School. A group of five moms, including me, are taking turns hosting play school. We have a monthly theme and do activities based around that. It's two hours long, once a week. I wasn't really into it but was getting pressured by the other moms. I finally gave in when I saw how excited Crue was for "school" when Caleb and Kellan were getting ready. Crue is so social I know this will be good for him! He did great today. He walked right in, said, "Bye Mom", walked up to his friend and said, "Hey Jett, let's play." He didn't want to leave when I picked him up.
Well my babies are growing up so fast! So far they are loving school and I'm so proud of them!!!


















I think thats so cute Kellan wanted to wear a uniform just like Caleb! haha! Most kids hate uniforms! I think they are cute though :)
ReplyDeleteI love my preppy boys! They are so dang cute and just want to eat them up...still. xoxo Nana
ReplyDelete