Young Boys

Young Boys

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summary of our Summer

Caleb started school yesterday!  But before I blog about that I need to cover our summer. It was a busy but fun summer! This post is long and not in chronological order... :)
 One of my favorite pics from summer is this one of Crue... he got carried away with the lotion when I was in Utah and Daddy was a full time parent.  Crue loves to put "product" in his hair... as you can tell.
 All three boys are obsessed with seaweed!  We have to buy it in bulk at Costco and they go through it in a couple days, much of it eaten by Kellan.
 Superhero Kellan
We did A LOT of swimming! 

Caleb and his best friend Brett
Kellan and Brett's sister Haley.
We went to splash pads A LOT!
Crue and his girl, Elle.
Crue has lots of "girls".  Emery and Fallon Milford are his favorite girls.  He calls them "Em-Rainy" and "SpireMan".  He asks all the time, "When I'm gon see my girls?"
Crue has been awesome about going potty on the toilet! Yay! He goes on his own 90% of the time and always has to tell us, "Poop is yuck." 
Crue was attached to me all summer.  I think he got jealous that Caleb and Kellan were home so much so he would just sit/lay on me!


I love this sweet picture of him.  It also reminds me that the binky is gone!  We stopped the binky in June.  I cut it and said we had to throw it in the trash.  He grabbed both pieces and started crying saying, "I'm so sorry binky!" Then he opened the trash and threw it in.  He went to the trash at least every hour that day, opened it and said, "I'm sorry binky" But now he's fine!  Sometimes he says, "Where's my binky? Oh wait, I'm big boy!"
Kellan started taking naps a bit more this summer because of all the fun stuff we did!  Swimming alone takes a lot out of you!
He was our expert fly catcher this summer.
In June he drew his first self portrait.
Kellan loves the watch NBA games.  He loves the Miami Heat and "Birdman".  So we had to cut his hair like Birdman.
Cheering on Birdman!
He stayed up to watch the final game of the NBA finals and was pleased when his team won.
Caleb did awesome at swim this year. He was not competitive and actually wanted to get every color ribbon instead of trying to get first.  He did always try to perfect his stroke.  His best stroke is breaststroke! 

Caleb was awarded Swimmer of the Week towards the end of the swim season! He was very proud.

Caleb made it in Breaststroke to the championship swim meet! 

We hung out in the splash pad while awaiting his results. 
Unfortunately, the disqualifying judge was a little severe on 5-6 year olds and disqualified him for a less than perfect kick.  So many kids got disqualified over little things that it made me sad and very frustrated...  Caleb on the other hand told me, "Well I tried my best and I had fun."  We went to Famous Daves for dinner and then Sonic for ice cream to celebrate his great swimming and even better attitude! He would have gotten a 3rd place medal in breaststroke had he not been disqualified so that night I asked if he was sad he didn't get a medal.  He said, "I'm happy with ice cream.  You can't eat a medal." What an amazing example he is to me!!!  Well we're proud of him and can't wait for next years swim season!
So Caleb has swim Monday through Thursday at 8:50am.  Every Friday we went to the summer movie at Harkins Theaters! The boys loved it! We saw a lot of good movies and always went with some of our best friends! 
Every Wednesday or Thursday after swim practice we went to the library! 
We even caught a few puppet shows and science presentations... Kellan was less than impressed with those!
I always had to limit the boys on how many books they could bring home!
Kellan always picks one about basketball!
Sometimes they talked me into A LOT of books!

I love this picture after Crue knocked over the books... Kellan's face it awesome!
The boys loved having their new baby buddy Lincoln come over! 



They all love him so much and argue over who gets to hold him! Poor Crue had to wait his turn!

We did "projects" as Caleb calls them once a week.  One of the boys favorite was when we made "Monster Slime".


Just take some colorful glitter glue, borax and water and you'll get SLIME!
Crue was proud of himself, Caleb had a blast and Kellan didn't touch it at all!  He doesn't like to get his hands dirty.
After we made slime we put it into different containers and glued faces on it.
Cute little monsters!
We went up to Cave Creek Fourth of July weekend and spent a few days hanging out at Nana and Papas and at the Morgans!  My boys love the Morgan boys and now they have a baby sister!  Crue loved playing with little Gwen!
The boys always love swimming at Nana and Papa's, especially when the "Lobber" and "Getco" come out!

I love Crue's face!
We watched lots of fireworks and did a lot of swimming that weekend! 
Caleb and I got a summer date in one weekend!  We watched the Croods and had appetizers and dessert at Cheesecake Factory! 


A couple days later he showed me his journal entry for July 14th... He said he promises when he's done with school he'll stay close and always call and still hang out with me after he's married! Haha he's so funny!  He asked Chris if getting married means you have to trade the old family for the new family.  I told him you get one BIG family and he was happy with that.
In July the boys used their chore allowance money to buy  new sunglasses!  Kellan and Crue got some stylish hats too!
Nana turned 50 this summer! We made her a "project" with 50 things we love about her!  Caleb LOVED making it and Nana LOVED getting it!
We redid the boys toy room last month and their favorite thing about it is they got beanbags! 
Kellan finds them super comfy!
A couple weeks ago we went to the Richettos house to hang out.  The boys had some fresh snacks and got to play with goats and sheep.  
And HORSES!  Crue was not thrilled about that.
Caleb and Kellan brushed one of the horses, Princess.


And then they got to ride her! Caleb LOVED every second of it!
Kellan was a little nervous and wasn't sure he wanted to ride at all but he did and had fun!



Crue was happy as long as he maintained a good distance and someone was right by him the whole time.
They got to feed the horse some goodies! 
One big thing about summer, especially in Crue's mind is eating popsicles! 
These boys are so cute how they get their popsicles and just sit by each other outside while they eat them.  They chat a bit and laugh together.  I love popsicle time just so I can watch them hang out!
It was a great summer! I'm sad Caleb is in school now and gone all day! I'll post some pictures from our last week of summer break and then Caleb's first day of school! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great summer! I feel like I missed out on so much! I love these boys! xoxo NANA

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you guys did a lot this summer! I need to be a fun mom like you. teach me.

    ReplyDelete