Last Friday Kellan and I took a roadtrip with Nana to UTAH! We left at 6pm and planned to drive as far as we could. I took a nap and drank caffeine (which I normally don't do) so I was wide awake! We were making good time and I think we could've driven all the way but...
... around 1:00am we noticed how uncomfortable this little guy looked! So we stopped in St. George for the night. I only got a couple hours of sleep because it took me several hours to fall asleep.
But Kellan slept great and was all smiles in the morning!
We got to Provo in the early afternoon and hit up Auntie Abs house to drop our stuff off!Next we went to see baby Emerson!
Kellan LOVES him! That may be the understatement of the year.
That night, while others hit the movies, the rest of us stayed home and watched baby Emmy. Kellan was such a big helper! He sang to Emerson and helped hold his bottle.
The only way we could get Kellan to fall asleep outside his bed was to let him watch Caillou and pass out.
The next morning we got up and went straight to see Emerson again!
This is blurry but I love his face so much!
He loved just looking at him.
And he always wanted to touch his face, especially his cheeks.
Kellan helped Auntie Abs make cake pops for Emerson's baby blessing open house.
He worked so hard that he crashed on our way back to Abby's to change our clothes for the blessing.
We're so glad we got to be there for Emerson's day!
Monday morning we went and saw the Timpanogas temple. Kellan said it's not as "best" as the Gilbert temple but it's cool because it has mountains behind it.
Kellan giving Emerson a big hug... after which he said, "I'll carry him to the car." Uh no.
Kellan loves temples but not getting his picture taken.
Next we had lunch at Tucanos! Kellan was so lucky to experience such a culinary treat! He ate lots of meat but what he loved the most was the endless supply of tomatoes at the salad bar!
We went to celebrate Papa on becoming sergeant! Yay! Congrats Papa! We're so proud of you!
So glad we were all together!
Kellan got to get some energy out at a nearby park!
And then we headed out to Auntie Chalei's house! Kellan was excited to see his cousins and more excited to play basketball with them! He would've played longer but it was windy out and he HATES the wind! I ADORE this picture of these three.
How much do I adore it? So much that I zoomed in and posted it again! Look at their faces!!!! I LOVE IT!
We went to dinner and Kellan had to sit with his buds! We played a little longer after dinner but it was getting dark and we had to go. Kellan really didn't want to go! He even cried and said he'd rather stay at Auntie Chalei's than go to Arizona and see Dad! That was shocking! I hope we get back to Utah soon to see our awesome cousins!
We went back to Chanelle and Ben's house to say our goodbyes. I had to snuggle a bit with Jojo! I miss that kid!
On our long drive home we stopped in St. George again, this time to check out the temple. I cannot get over how WHITE it looks!!!! It has to be one of the WHITEST temples!
Of course he had a hard time going to sleep that night. He was excited to be out of the car and home with his Dad! The next morning the three boys were jumping up and down they were so excited to see each other! They played and "fought" like superheroes all day long! It's good to be home!



















I'm back! Great pictures - great trip with you and Kellan! :) Love, Nana
ReplyDelete