Young Boys

Young Boys

Sunday, September 8, 2013

This past week...

I thought, "Maybe Crue needs a bigger bed..." 
But he hasn't figured out that he can climb out yet... so maybe we'll wait!
The boys were OBSESSED with catching bugs!  They caught a cricket (gross) and according to Caleb, "did science by making observations".  He observed that it looked like a little monster that could also be pet. Kellan observed that it moved fast.  Crue observed that it was yuck. I concur with all those observations, especially Crue's.
On Thursday Caleb came home from school talking about snacks.  Later he said, "Mom why did you only pack me snacks for lunch?"  I said, "What?! I packed you a ham and turkey sandwich!"  There was a little debate and then I opened the fridge and found the ham and turkey sandwich. Dang. I apologized and hugged him.  What a mommy fail! I remembered how it happened though... He has been having bloody noses and went to school late that day because of one.  I had already made his lunch so I put just the sandwich in the fridge but forgot to put it back. Sad day. The next day I offered to make him a super special lunch and he said, "You better just give me money to buy school lunch so I know I won't end up with just snacks."  Smart kid.
On Friday, Kellan and Crue FINALLY used their chalkboard table! And then I couldn't get them to stop so we could get ready for school.  And when I actually did get them ready for school they started coloring again and had chalk all over themselves.
We've had random weather lately and Friday was no exception.  It was hot in the morning and then cloudy and dark but no rain.  The sun came out again in the afternoon and all of a sudden there was lots of rain and thunder!  But it was still kind of sunny!
The boys seized the opportunity to sing and JUMP in the rain!
That night Caleb and I went on a date!  I planned going to see Monsters University but he said, "I think we should watch a more grown up movie.  Not one that's not appropriate for me but one that's not a cartoon.  Like maybe "Lone Ranger". Well we couldn't find a good showing so he opted for "dinner at a place where you can get salad and sides".  We ate at Applebees!
Caleb loved Applebee's music selection!
After dinner we went to one of Caleb's favorite places, Barnes and Noble! We spent A LOT of time there! He got a book about Earth Science.  He also got a journal for his best friend Emmy for her birthday.  So thoughtful. 
 Saturday we went to Nana's to swim and spend time with Nelly, Ben and baby Emerson! Crue was ready first thing in the morning!  He couldn't wait to get his swim suit, shades and get outta there!
Nelly, Emerson and Ben came down on Thursday.  We got to hang out at our house after they arrived and have a fun dinner.  Then Saturday we got to swim and hang out some more! It was Emerson's first time in a pool.  I got to do a mini lesson with him! He was so cute gliding and kicking his chubby legs!
Kellan is still the most obsessed with Baby Emerson!
Watching the BYU football game together!
We were supposed to go to Caleb's friend Emmy's birthday party last night.  The plan was to hang out at Nana and Papa's, swim and eat dinner before going to the party.  A little before it was time to go I handed Caleb the birthday card and told him to write "Happy Birthday Emmy!"  He wrote this: "Dear Emmy, we couldn't come because we were at someone else's house and we were swimming there and I don't feel good from the pool. From, Caleb Young  P.S. I hope you have a great party. Thanks for inviting me! I love being your friend.  He earned a dollar from Nana a little before and included that in his card.  I told him he didn't have to give her money because we bought her two presents already but he insisted. Sweet kid! It was funny that's how he told us he didn't want to go to the party anymore. 
Well we had to get some pictures of all these grandkids... grandboys I should say!
Crue loves his baby "Ensin"

It was a great week!  We also had my cousin Chris staying with us from Utah and the boys loved hanging out with their "Uncle Chris".  Crue called him "Unck"! Today we had a nice and cool, relaxing Sunday.  Crue at some oreos and I found out he likes to take them apart and only eat the side with creme on it... just like me!

1 comment:

  1. I love these kids! And yes, Crue needs a bigger bed. - Nana

    ReplyDelete