Young Boys

Young Boys

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Funny Boys

Last week they made an airplane out of a box from Costco. 
It was a car before they all tried to fit into it and the sides burst open.
Crue's new favorite game is this... we made it up!  He was bored while I was making dinner one day so I just taped a paper towel roll to the wall, put a cup under it and handed him another cup full of beads.  He figured it out quickly! When Kellan came home it became a game of throwing the beads from a few feet away into the roll opening and seeing if it went in the cup. When Caleb came home it became a game of connecting other rolls or objects (toilet paper and cups cut in half) to create a course for the beads to travel through to get to the cup.  He told me the wall wasn't big enough and the tape not strong enough... so we're still working on this game! Why do I even buy toys?!
Well I had to expect this... once all three boys were playing at the same time the game became who can throw the most beads in the air and make the biggest mess.  I asked them to be careful and to clean up several times but it was too much fun.  Then injuries started occurring so I put time out out there as a consequence.  Well they earned it so they all sat in time out but they snuck beads into time out and were throwing them at each other across the room.  I collected all the beads but then they were making each other laugh and time out became a grand ol' time!  So I moved them farther apart and turned them around.  The laughter and craziness continued so my three boys got a new experience: noses against the wall.  Caleb thought found it so intriguing he just kept talking about it.
Kellan was not happy at all! I think he was the only one who actually got something out of it!  However, after it was all said and done he thought it was pretty funny.
Because Crue over here found it hysterical! He was laughing so hard and in between laughs would say, "Nose wall, nose wall hahahaha nose on wall!"  They don't know I took their picture.  I guess if I ever need to cheer them up I'll show them and give them a good laugh. In the meantime I'll be brainstorming effective discipline.
It got a little hot again so I broke out the sprinkler I bought on "end of summer clearance"!



Crue loved it the most, of course!

They love jumping then the trampoline is wet!
On Friday Crue decided he had to wear Daddy's pants. I tried to reason with him but he insisted so I helped him and he said, "Oh little big... MOM!!! Tie it!" I tied it and he said, "Tie tie-er!"  He finally gave up!
Crue is OBSESSED with football.  He loves to watch it and loves to play it. During the Oregon game on Saturday he was acting out what they were doing.  So cute!


Woody is his best friend again!  He has been taking him everywhere!  He rocks him to sleep, feeds him, changes his diaper, and puts him in time out.  But mostly they have fun.


This is Crue telling Woody to jump nice and be careful.  Then he said, "Why you no hat off? Take off sometime!"
When they were playing in the sand I heard him say, "Love you Woody. You the best."
I had to snap of picture of them cuddly at night. TWINS!
And then I had to get a picture of my other sleeping sweethearts!
Caleb still talks in his sleep... and grinds his teeth.  We're going to have to fix that!
Back to silly Crue!  His hair is getting so long but I'm in love with it so I don't want it cut.  Well Daddy put it up one night and Crue loved it.  He said, "Aw I'm a girl!"
What a handsome girl.
I've been sick the last few days... pretty sick... and my children have taken a little advantage of that.  This was all led by Crue and Kellan came up to me and said, "You might want to come look at our toy room. I know it was wrong but I did it. Sorry."  Funny thing is it didn't even upset me! I just took a look, told them they needed a break from markers and handed them crayons and paper! I tried scrubbing it and quickly decided I will be painting when I'm feeling better.
They've never colored on walls before... Kellan marks his favorite toys but the walls have remained untouched until now. I didn't think I was neglecting them that much!
But the neglect was enough so I grabbed more toilet paper rolls (I'm not a trash hoarder I just anticipate project opportunities) and we made binoculars.  Kellan LOVED it!  He usually is not interested in my project ideas but he was all over this! Crue painted for about 30 seconds before I had to just turn on music so he could dance.
Kellan patiently let his dry before putting stickers on it and then exploring the backyard! Caleb came home and took Crue's because he said it was "super awesome".  I can always count on Caleb to love my projects and I'm hoping after this I have Kellan's support too!

No comments:

Post a Comment