Young Boys

Young Boys

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August

It's September!  August flew by! I can't believe Caleb has been in school for a month! Well Kellan, Crue and I have become the Three Musketeers! Actually they are a dynamic duo and I just follow them around.  They are so funny together now that Caleb is gone all day.  We had a few overcast, relatively cool days last month so we got to go to the park!  They held hands as they walked around.  
 So those cool days were rare but the humidity stuck around so it has been pretty miserable.  We've hit the pool and splash pads A LOT!
 Crue is a water hog!!! He loves to sit on them and spray other kids.  I am constantly telling him to get off and share with others.  He argues with me, then shares for a couple minutes before staking his claim again! Kellan always jumps in our arguments and says, "Crue that's not nice manners!"
 He's bossy but cute!

 He was hogging one and thought the water turned off so he got up and it sprayed him in his nose... karma?
 It didn't slow him down long though!
 We have a lot of play dates!  Our friend Ethan joined us at the splash pad one day.  His big brother Brady is in 1st grade with Caleb.  Crue calls them "Body and Eeepan".  I love it.
 Kellan and his poses!



 My kids are cuddlers!  One day they asked me to wrap them like "catpillers" like baby Emerson.  They just laid on the floor watching their movie and cuddling.

One of our play dates was to open gym at USA Gym.  
 The boys had a blast with their friends Porter, Beau and Jett. Jett is Crue's new best friend.  He is always talking about "Dett".
 Crue loved to just fall backwards into the foam pit.
 I love this picture because he looks like a little bird flying.
 Hurkie! Maybe he'll be a cheerleader!  His dad would never go for it!
 At one point they were just sitting in the foam pit talking.
 But then the jumping resumed!
 I think Kellan would make an amazing gymnast!  Too bad it's so expensive!!  I'm going to keep looking at places because this was right up his alley!
 So my kids are doing great with their chores!  I love that they love to clean.  They do love to make messes but at least they're helpers!
 Kellan loves hats!!!  If we're in a store he will find the hats. His latest hat he got on mega clearance and he always wears it backwards and with any outfit.  Even his neon Nikes.  He dresses himself!
 Here's the hat again.
 He's talking to his daddy on the phone.  He is such a Daddy's boy, always has been, but lately it's even worse!  So we have to talk to dad regularly throughout the day.
 I have no idea what I did to get this look but it's a classic Kellan look.
 So this is Kellan's favorite shirt.  He likes it because he doesn't like girls.  That's the one reason he doesn't like going to preschool because there are girls there.  Sometimes when I ask him how school was he says, "Good but I like it better when it's just boys."  So I told him this shirt tells girls to go away because you only like models and I showed him a couple pictures of models.  Now he loves it because he thinks girls are going to leave him alone.  He wore it on Monday and out of nowhere says, "Mom, you're a pretty girl but so not a model. Can't date you."
Kellan goes to school three days a week and Crue LOVES it!  He loves being the only one home and especially now that he's learning to use the computer.  He plays memory and ABC games... 
 ... and is super proud of himself!  He laughs hysterically the whole time he plays!
 Crue is obsessed with popsicles.  Usually the rule is we have popsicles right after Caleb gets home from school but some days when it's just him, he looks at me with those gorgeous eyes, tilts his head to the side and talks in the sweetest voice!  That's right he sweet talks me and I give in! Look how adorable he is even covered in sticky popsicle goo.
 Uh yeah he also sweet talks me into buying him candy but wait until you hear this story!  I told him we were going to Home Depot and he says, "Great mom.  Gon be fun!" Cute right?  Then we're in Home Depot and he's being so good.  I compliment him on how good he's being and his eyes get all dreamy, he tilts his head, smiles and says, "Good boy gets candy?" I said maybe.  He said, "I love you mom.  You're pretty."  Then we go to check out and he spots the candy.  He just looks at it then looks at me.  I let him pick one, so he grabs the skittles and starts dancing, YELLING, "I'm a lucky boy!!! Lucky boy, lucky boy!"  When the cashier scanned it and handed it to him he grabbed my face and started kissing me all over my face, saying, "Thank you mom, love you mom, thank you mom, love you mom." It was quite the scene and we had several customers attention!  But with a response like that I seriously want to buy him candy every day!!!
Here's another cute story about Crue.  One day after church, Chris fell asleep playing Legos with the boys.  Kellan laughed at him, Caleb kept building, but Crue went and got a blanket and rubbed his back and head.  He kept saying, "Good daddy.  Night night."  I told him he was being sweet and he said, "Mom, Dad so tired.  Dad no good.  He rest!" Love him! 
August wasn't just about Kellan and Crue.  Now that Caleb's gone all day and I feel guilty for doing things without him we try to make up for it on the weekends.  One weekend we spent Saturday in Fountain Hills.  We played at the splash pad and the park, watched the fountain several times and ate DELICIOUS pizza!  Next time Caleb said we have to do some exploring because it's in the mountains. But it was too hot so he'll have to wait about two months! 











 A couple weekends ago Jojo came to visit!  The boys were thrilled.  Crue was nervous at first.  He talks about "Dodo" all the time but hasn't seen him in awhile.  He warmed up pretty quick and the boys favorite thing to do with him was have him throw them in the pool.  Caleb said he likes Jojo's big muscles.
 They were also thrilled that they could have chicken fights!


 Before Jojo left I got to spend some time without the kiddos.  I went with him and Nana to the temple and then to CPK!  I miss that kid!  Wish we lived closer.  It was a fun week.
 Other things of note from August... I finally made perfect pancakes!!! I don't know why this was so difficult for me but they  never turned out like my moms and were therefore not worth the effort but the boys wanted them for brinner one night and I was successful!
 However, around the same time I accidentally dumped half a bottle (from Costco) of pepper into my saimin. Fail.
 The boys get crazy hyper when Caleb gets home from school and he is hyper from the freedom of being home from school.  It lasts ALL EVENING.  If you call between 3 and 5 I probably won't answer because it's too loud and crazy in this house.  One day in particular they were so RAMBUNCTIOUS I couldn't walk even a few feet without getting hit with a flying object or one of their limbs. I tried making them go outside but the chasing was apparently an indoor/outdoor endeavor.  I finally had to just sit in one little corner to avoid the madness and was overwhelmingly relieved when Chris got home and became their target!
They play outside every night after dinner until it's dark and right when the sun is almost gone, they calm down for a bit to watch the sky.  It's so cute and peaceful but it only lasts a matter of minutes! They're wild and crazy but complete joys! Can't wait to see what fun happenings and pictures September brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment