Young Boys

Young Boys

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

San Diego! (Days 1 and 2)

Last week we went to San Diego for fall break.  The drive wasn't too bad.  Crue and Caleb barely endured it whereas Kellan just made himself right at home.  He is our best traveler. 
 Don't let these pictures of Crue fool you!  They were taken at the beginning of the drive.  He actually did pretty good and only "lost it" the last hour.  And I think it should be noted that I spent that whole hour turned around making silly faces at him and singing in a loud, crazy voice to make him happy!  I need a medal.
 Oh I also fed him candy! He is so spoiled.
 Kellan can fall asleep ANYWHERE!
 So happy to be in San Diego and not in the car!  We stayed at the Bahia and the boys loved being on the bay. We had an awesome view from our balcony.
 The boys became besties with the hotels rescued seals, Billy and Gracie.  We had to say good morning and good night to them in addition to our random checks.  Kellan especially loved them!  He's still talking about them.
 That evening we went on a ferry ride in the bay.  Caleb got SO BORED!!!! I was surprised but I guess boats just aren't his thing.
 So he helped watch out for Crue.  Crue was loving having Caleb home all week. They spent a lot of time together.

 Day 2 started out with the boys not wanting to leave the hotel room. WHAT?!  Yes that was my reaction.  Finally we got them dressed and out the door so we made our way to the Mormon Battalion Site. Caleb definitely was not bored there!  He love his history!

 Caleb was thrilled to "go back in time" and get an idea of what life was like for those in the Mormon Battalion.  He loved the stories and the activities.
Panning for gold.

The view from the tower at the site.





We ate lunch back at the hotel before hitting the beach.
Caleb thinks this picture is hilarious... haha
This kid seriously needs to live near the beach!
Caleb was in the water the ENTIRE TIME!  Kellan was in there almost as much as Caleb...
... but Crue was more concerned with keeping the sand off his feet.  He got really excited when we first got there, grabbed his kick board and ran into the water.  He immediately jumped out and ran to me screaming, "Too cold!! Need towel!" He spent the rest of the time on the blanket with me.
I guess we did get Crue off the blanket to explore a bit.  I love their faces jumping off the rock.  The loved jumping off rocks...

After our exploring the boys went back in the water and then dug in the sand.
Crue and I hung out on the blanket.  Good thing I always pack some cars for him.
I love that cute, non beach loving face!
Thumbs up for just relaxing and enjoying the weather.

Needless to say, we had a hard time getting Caleb to leave. He loved the water, the sand and the "nature science" he found everywhere.  Seaweed is gross but to Caleb is SCIENCE!!!!
That night we went to Fiesta De Reyes and ate dinner at one of the restaurants.  Caleb thought we were in Mexico!  He kept saying, "I love being in Mexico!"  He was trying to talk to people in Spanish... he can't so it was embarrassing.  But it was more embarrassing every time he was asking about what Cinco de Mayo meant and after I told him he said, "Ha Mexico is not part of America!"  Great...  Crue had a great time in "Mexico" because they had Folklorico dancers there.  He was mesmerized!  It was an awesome day in San Diego/Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment