Young Boys

Young Boys

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sea World

 We spent our third day at Sea World.  It was pretty cold in the morning and I felt bad about putting the boys in shorts but randomly it got so hot I felt bad for putting them in long sleeves and then it was back to cold... overall though it was pretty good Sea World weather.  The first thing Caleb did of course was get his map and plan our adventures for us.
 We made a stop at the little playground they had.  It was decorated with Halloween things. The boys loved that there were Halloween decorations everywhere.

 We started out at the Arctic.
 Looking for beluga whales.
 We were so lucky the Polar Bear was out and looking around!  He's usually sleeping or hiding.
 FREEZING!  Sorry Dad I didn't know you were posing with Caleb... haha.

 I love my little picture taking poser!
 The Belugas were pretty active and Crue was mesmerized.
 I just LOVE these next two pictures.  The boys were getting along great!!!
 They think the Beluga was smiling at them!
 Again we got super lucky with the walrus! Actually both of them were swimming back and forth and rubbing against the window where we were standing. The boys were in complete awe!


These boys are always excited to see penguins! 
 Loving that sharks celebrate Halloween too!
 Shark teeth!!!
 We really wish the shark tunnel lasted longer... it's too cool to have them swimming above you!
 So this family wouldn't move over so we could get a picture with the Megalodon jaws but that didn't stop me!  It's just not as perfect as I would've liked.



 So Crue was a bit fussy at Sea World until we got SNACKS!  Frozen lemonade, popcorn and churros.  Life is good.
 There was only one Shamu show... seriously disappointing and stressful because EVERYONE in the park was trying to make that show.  I got there early to save awesome seats and the boys came a little later with lunch.  All week and even that morning the boys kept saying they did NOT want to sit in the splash zone so I did not prepare for it.  No swim suits, no change of clothes and only one towel.  I randomly thought to bring one towel.  Well right before I went to save seats Caleb begged to sit in the splash zone and when it comes to Caleb and Sea World I have a hard time saying no.  So splash zone it is!  I sat higher up and was convinced we wouldn't get too wet. But I should've noticed the little Asian boy coveting our towel and taken it as an omen.

 Oh before we get to the splashing Crue had cotton candy for the first time. Yay! So spoiled.
 Oh how beautiful...
 ... this was not beautiful.  We got SOAKED!  Way more soaked than I ever expected and more than the people sitting below us.  It was like Shamu had a target and that target was us.  Well bullseye!  Well done, whale, well done. Caleb thought it was hilarious, Kellan was ANGRY and Crue was completely distraught.  We got splashed three times and Crue didn't move once.  He didn't duck or turn he just sat frozen and crying. Oh and our one towel did not help at all.


 Crue cried for bit and then for like 20 minutes straight just kept repeating, "Shamu splash me! He got my shirt wet.  Why he mad at me? Shamu splash my shirt!"  We told him Shamu was having fun and he said, "No fun. He splash my shirt! Shamu go time out." The only thing to calm him down and help him forgive Shamu was to watch the new baby Shamu swimming around.  Crue then for another 20 minutes said, "Aw baby Shamu so cute! I "yuv" (love) him!"
 Caleb's favorite show this trip and ALWAYS is the sea lion and otter show.  We all love it!  It's better than Shamu. Serious.
  After the sea lion and otter had us almost peeing our pants we were laughing so hard we went to the Atlantis roller coaster where we almost peed our pants out of terrified excitement.
Caleb was SO THRILLED to be tall enough to go on the ride.  I thought for sure he would back out but he was so brave!  I love that he loves rides because I do too!!!! 

 Caleb, always a thinker, decided the safety bar was not enough for him because it's the same one adults use and he's just a little guy so he made sure my arm was around the front of him the whole time!  He was pretty scared! But I think it was a good scared...
 Right?! He looks pretty terrified.  When it was over he said it was awesome.  We started to go up again to dock at the beginning for others to get on and he said, "Yay we're going again! WAIT, ARE WE GOING AGAIN?!?!" Haha he's hilarious.  He said he loved it but it scared him a lot and he needs a break before going again.
 This is our yay for us we survived picture.
 Thumbs up for amusement park rides.  Caleb wanted to ride the Manta Ray ride also but he was two inches too short.  I think that's okay though because that probably would've made him REALLY pee his pants.  I think the Atlantis was the perfect introduction to the thrilling world of amusement park rides.
 We got pretty soaked again on Atlantis and it was a bit cold so Caleb snuggled up with his new friend, Sun Gun the penguin.  Don't ask how he got that name.



We ran to the see the sea lions before the park closed (at 5pm! - non summer hours are lame).  They were pretty active and fun to watch! 

Sad to leave the park but satisfied with an awesome day!!! 
 Wait, the day got even better once we went to dinner at Slaters!  Best burger ever!  And their cheese dip was so amazing I still dream about it. The boys even went on and on about eating there and begged to go again.  Which we did...
 After dinner we decided to end the night with a luxurious dip in the hotel jacuzzi.  The boys loved staying up late!
The time for bed did come and too quickly for this kiddos who were WIRED at 10pm! 
 They were having too much fun with their Sea World souvenirs.
 They finally fell asleep.  Kellan LOVES his seal.  He has slept with it every night since.
 What a great day with great memories!

2 comments:

  1. What a great vacation! Even without us there! Boo hoo for us!! I love going to Sea World with my boys and you can't stop me from going next year!!! I love all the pictures and their facial expressions. so glad they had a good time. :) Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! Makes me want to take Madden to sea world so bad! He'd love it! Hilarious what Crue was saying after Shamu splashed you guys ;) I LOVE the splash zone!

    ReplyDelete