Young Boys

Young Boys

Monday, August 25, 2014

End of Summer!

Slowly but surely I am catching up on things... so here's looking back on summer... Uncle Jojo came to visit in July and we loved spending time with him! 
We had a fun Fathers day with sushi, shave ice and the How to Train your Dragon 2 movie!
Crue got at least 3-4 haircuts this summer.  He always models in the mirror and for camera afterwards.
Crue loved having Caleb home all summer.

We took A LOT of trips to Sonic! I mean A LOT!
Our awesome friends, the Chock's came to visit from California!  The boys weren't shy!
We're loving having Emerson so close! The boys love to play with their cousin.
Caleb played with his best friend Maci a lot.  We had a donut date...
... swimming dates where they practiced tricks...

... and music dates... 

... which led to dancing dates...
... because of the dancing dates they had to plan a Lego date.  These two are hilarious and cute together.  Her mom and I are already kind of, but seriously, planning their wedding.
We discovered this summer that Crue is insanely scared of storms.  He would go into panic mode if too many clouds were in the sky. Rain is supposed to be fun but he will not dance in it like his bros.
Kellan tries to protect him and encourage him to sing in the rain... no thank you.
I forgot some cute swimming and splashing pictures. Several times this summer the boys found they had the community pool all to themselves!
Crue doesn't last too long in the pool so I try to take pictures of his eyes while we wait for his brothers.

Then his brothers make fun of his close ups.

Crue, for whatever reason (nightmares, growing, just being Crue) has started waking up several times in the night and ending up on the futon next to our bed.  It's a battle but then again he sleeps better and he's not in my bed... right?!?  No Daddy's a snuggler and now randomly we'll get Crue AND Kellan in our bed with me sleeping on the futon.
Nana got the boys some snorkeling gear and their new backpacks for school.  The boys modeled it... Crue is crazy.  They have loved their backpacks and snorkels!!! 

Last month Grandma and Grandpa came to visit! We had so much fun!  These boys sure love them!!!
We went to Joes Crab Shack while they were here
I always get my full lobster!

We went to the aquarium after lunch with them and Nana, Nelly, Ben and Emerson.

We also took Grandma and Grandpa to the science center and this time went in the Lost Egypt exhibit!
Caleb was impressed with the Rosetta stone.
The other two just really loved this camel.
I love this picture! Grandma's a good sport playing with these crazies! Crue was cooking all kinds of food in the playhouse. 
We took a lunch break at Pizzeria Bianco!!  Chris and I have been wanting to eat there for years!!  It was delicious!!! We had such a fun time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa!  We wish we got to spend more time and see them more often!
Right before school started we had our dental check ups... in the waiting room I read a Parenting article that said kids who lie at a young age, 4 years and younger, are much more cognitively advanced than other children.  Well then, Crue is a genius!  Haha this kid is soooooooo cute and so so mischievous.  He gets away with all that lying because of that cuteness. 
Well it was a fun summer.  We loved our stay cations and vacations and visitors!!! Now I can post about SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment