Young Boys

Young Boys

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Most Wonderful and Hectic time of the Year!

Before we get into Christmas stuff I have to post these pics of these cute brothers.  They get closer and closer the older they get! We've been going "exploring" lately and they just talk each others ears off about what they find. 
We went and saw the ducks and tried to find Stormer, Efro's buddy that got set free. We couldn't find him!
Crue gets cuddlier the older he gets!  He asks me to sit down and cuddle randomly throughout the day.
I had a pre-mid-life crisis and dyed my hair purple.  Kellan LOVED it and frequently exclaimed that I was really cool.  Crue laughed at it a lot and Caleb didn't say much.  He did one day say, "I can't believe you're going to pick me up like that." One of his friends told me he REALLY, REALLY didn't like it and "WHY WHY WHY would you do that?!"  Caleb just sighed loudly and rolled his eyes. I think it grew on him a bit or he just agreed to disagree and ignores it.
These boys love Christmas!  We hit lots of stores to check out all the decorations.  Home Depot had a backdrop set up and you could dress up and take pictures.
Crue loves Christmas the most out of these three.  He's a mini Chris. He cared the most about the lights!!!



We're very picky about our trees so we went to 5 lots to find the perfect one!
Caleb tried desperately to pick them out!
He needed a little brotherly help.

They did it! Too bad it wasn't the one we wanted.
Home Depot was awesome and gave out hot cocoa and cookies in the tree lot
We hit the electric light parade this year! We only got one photo. Crue, again, loved it the most!
We had dinner and watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional at Nana and Papas house then roasted some mallows.
We got a lot of treats this season - Crue was in heaven - and when we got Puppy Chow the boys had to eat it like puppies!
So we finally got the perfect tree and it was so big!!! Last years tree was named Beast so this year we got Beauty.  She really was beautiful! She wasn't as tall as Beast but much fuller.... voluptuous figure that girl! Chris was worried she would fall and crush him (the picture is staged).
Our other tree - not so big - did fall on Chris... three times. There was an indent where his head went through. The star is halfway down the tree and ornaments everywhere.


One of Caleb's many letters to Santa.  In all of them he said he didn't want anything and that any gift would be great!
So the second week of December I went to Reno for a girls getaway and to see a concert (an early 30th birthday trip). I thought the boys would love this Christmas display in the lobby.
My bestie Brittany (who moved to CO a few years ago) met me and it was awesome...
... unfortunately she had to go home for a family emergency after the first night we were there.  It was an awesome first night though! We'll have to do it again.
So my plan with Brittany was to eat breakfast the 2nd day and then go sit in line until the concert so we could be right in the front. Well I ended up sitting in line alone but was quickly befriended by a group of juniors and seniors in high school.  They took me under their wings. I'm sad I left my black framed glasses at home.  I would've fit in much better. They actually thought I was also a senior or possibly freshman in college.  I said I wasn't in HS but tried to appear as close to their age as possible. 
Crue facetimed me and started crying/screaming "Mommy" and my cover was blown! But they all thought my kids were adorable and what an awesome mom who has purple hair and wears Vans.
I was still nervous about being alone in Reno so my heroic brother drove 7 hours from Provo to be with me!!! He's amazing! He got there during the 2nd opening act so phew he didn't miss Fall Out Boy! We were in the second row for most of it and then I got pushed up somehow to right in front...
And got this awesome picture! I love my Pete and especially, my Patrick! So another thing to go wrong was there was a huge storm, airports closed, flights cancelled and the drummer of my band never made it.  So Fall Out Boy had to play an acoustic set.  It was a little disappointing but still INCREDIBLE!  Plus they don't play acoustic much so it's awesome I got to see it.
It was not the weekend I was expecting but it was good to see Brittany, I have a funny story with some random teens, Fall Out Boy was amazing... I was so close! And hanging with Jojo is always awesome!
 P.S.  It was cold.
So the next night after I got home we threw our annual adults only Christmas party. I was exhausted but we had so much fun.  We always have themes with our parties and this year was, "Anything and Everything Christmas" in honor of Chris' love for Christmas.  So guests could dress up as anything Christmas! I was... can you guess? Grandma got ran over by a reindeer. Chris was Uncle Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We love the Udalls - Elf and Rockett! 
Leave it to Rich to be inappropriate. SNL skit anyone? P.S. Chris taped the end of his cigar so he's not breaking the Word of Wisdom. Haha
How perfect! A bunch of people dressed up as reindeers and Santa... it made for a great photo op.  Grandma did indeed get run over.
We also have a white elephant gift exchange and Chris and I walked away with this sexy poster.
I thought I was going to pass out at any moment but it was awesome! We love our parties and all the awesome people who like partying with us! Oh and dang I didn't get a picture but I had hoof prints up my back!
Kellan had his Christmas program for preschool right before Christmas break. He did awesome singing all his songs and reciting poems. I'm so proud of him! He loves his teacher Ms. Becky!
One of his best friends, Jade is in his class!
Kellan's program was at 9 in the morning and we had to be there by 8:45.  Crue doesn't wake up until about 9-9:30 so it was rough but luckily he had pajama day at his preschool Christmas party so it worked out.
We dropped Crue off at school and then Kellan asked if we could go on a date. Yay! He picked breakfast at Joes Farm Grill.  Then we did some Christmas shopping.
We looked in the pet rescue at the mall and he found this FAT cat that he wanted.  He changed his mind because he remembered Dad doesn't like cats.
The next day Caleb had his Jingle Jog and last day of school.

We got to see Santa! There's Crue again, most excited!
Abby and Fernando came in that weekend and I joined them, my parents, Nelly and Ben for a little Hobbit action. I was so excited/nervous for the final movie! It wasn't as good as the others but still awesome.
We had Sunday dinner before Christmas at Nelly's new house!
Crue was trying to brainwash Fernando
So three days before Christmas Caleb's friend had his birthday party. Crue and Kellan got to come along! It was at Amazing Jakes and they had an amazing time!
Kellan did not like the teacups.
Caleb followed his friends dad around the whole time (they're our good friends so it's not weird).  He probably just didn't trust my driving skills
He LOVED that roller coaster but said it scared him!!

That night we went to Temple lights!

Poor Crue got sick two days before Christmas.  I am pretty sure it was all the cake, ice cream, cookies and soda he had at the birthday party. 
He was so sad his stomach hurt but couldn't lay around without his guitar beside him. Poor guitar got thrown up on. He had a rough time but was good for Christmas Eve and Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a busy month!! Great pictures! Fun times, not so fun times (i.e. sickness) - looks like you did a lot of great things in December. Where was I? Oh, working...

    Love, NANA

    ReplyDelete