So I'm still catching up... Anyway back in November we had some good Family Home Evenings. One included putting our Christmas tree up in preparation for our Utah trip. I wanted to come home to an already Christmased out home!
Caleb has been super pumped about Family Home Evening lately. One night he didn't want it to end. He kept talking about how the lesson should have been longer. To compensate, I told him he could do the lesson the next week. He was ecstatic. He talked about it every day... for seven days... He said he was so excited to do a lesson and teach us about church. I kept asking how I could help him prepare and he said, "We're just going to learn about church!" Finally I got him to focus his lesson on Thanksgiving and being grateful for our blessings. He had a blast picking people to do the prayers and songs and then he read an article from the Friend and asked us questions about it.
For our activity we made turkeys and wrote what we're thankful for on their feathers. It took longer than expected and Caleb was the only one really into it.. .
The final product! He was very proud. I think it turned out really cute but what I loved most was what he wrote on the feathers. Caleb is thankful for.... "candy, clothes, brothers, school, toys, friends, drinks, light, Jesus, teeth, family, Christmas trees."
No comments:
Post a Comment