The tree above is not the one we chose... I just like Kellan's face... it was hot and we were ready to skidaddle on outta there.
This is our gorgeous, lovely smelling, makes you want to sing carols and drink hot chocolate while wrapping presents all at once Christmas tree. It was prettier than last year and we thought last years was pretty dang pretty.
I got the boys to sing, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" with me when we finished trimming the tree.
Speaking of my love for trees... so last year we started a tradition on my side of the family where we draw names and make a Christmas decoration. This year we drew Auntie Abby. I love my clay pot tree. I should have made one for myself... or taken it back from Abby! She won the crafty pants contest... but I'll show you her craft later!
Speaking of crafty pants... I am kind of a wreath making fool as of late and here was my Christmas one! I adore it and got lots of compliments! Yay!
We went to an Ugly Sweater party in December. Apparently my sweater was not ugly and actually "quite cute". Um it was an 8 year olds sweater... I guess I was going more for humorous and awkward rather than ugly.Chris was humorous, awkward and ugly! Everyone was asking if he was actually going to a burliest beard party.
Kellan wore his "Is it too late to be nice?" shirt and Crue was game with a sweater! Caleb refused to take part in dressing up and picture taking!
On December 21st, Caleb's last day of school before break, they had a Jingle Jog where the students and families had a mini party with dancing and jogging before having lunch together in the cafeteria. The boys were just thrilled to be at Calebs school and follow him around! Santa made an appearance. Kellan and Crue remained at a distance and Caleb said he would take a picture even though he knew it wasn't the real Santa.
I was thinking it would be a rough year for ornaments because of Crue but it was the presents he was interested in. I had to re-wrap or extra tape up at least half of the family ones I wrapped!
We hosted the Mommy and Me Music Christmas party at our house and made cute little reindeers out of candy canes. Kellan got mad at the kids who just ate theirs... but only until he was ready to eat his.
Friday night was the beginning of holiday family time! Auntie Abby got in earlier that day and then Nelly and Ben came in that night. My boys were in heaven with their Aunties and Uncle... and their dog Gaga! Crue still talks about that dog! Caleb spent a lot of time brushing and styling Abby and Nelly's hair. Awww...On Saturday we went to Bass Pro Shop to attempt a meeting with Santa, however we did not have four hours to kill so we looked at him and then played around in Santa's Village.
We're so glad Nelly and Ben joined us!
At least everyone got to ride the carousel!
Kellan wasn't disappointed at all that Santa was too busy for us but Caleb went back and forth. So that night we took him to the mall because Santa doesn't stay in one place for long and we waited in line and Caleb got to talk to him. We couldn't take a picture because I refused to pay $30 so when we walked up Caleb asked one of the helpers, "Is it okay if I just talk to him? Caleb was SOOOO SWEET! And that Santa is the best Santa I have ever seen in my entire life (because it was the real Santa of course). Even though we weren't buying anything he spent quite a bit of time with Caleb. He said in the sweetest, caring voice, "Hello young man! I'm so glad you came to see me. I was wondering when I was going to get to visit you!" I am tearing up just thinking about what a wonderful man that was and Caleb's SWEET face! They chatted for a bit and then Caleb told him "Thank you for talking to me." When he walked up to me I hugged him and he said with the biggest grin, "That really was the real Santa. Thanks for taking me Mom." AWWWWW! Best Christmas memory so far!











what a sweet santa story :) which santa was it?? Chandler mall?? san tan? I need to take notes for next year!
ReplyDelete