Young Boys

Young Boys

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 So Far...

On the first Sunday of January Caleb wanted to wear a tie... so he got his outfit and exclaimed, "I have to start the year in style." 
I didn't realize until we were at church that our outfits were very color coordinated. So we modeled a bit when we got home!
Crue wanted to model too!

After all the modeling Caleb snapped a "flattering" shot of Dad.
Our Family Home Evenings for 2013 are starting out great (hopefully we keep it up)! Caleb LOVES Family Home Evening and I think as long as I have him as my helper and motivator we'll be good.  Right now I'm trying to do one big once a month that requires lots of work, a service one and the other two will be short lessons with a family activity.
We've been getting more creative with our lunches and snacks.  The boys and I invented "pizza on a stick".  They thought it was awesome and Caleb ate 8 of them! 
I don't think any of us were ready for Caleb to go back to school... except maybe Caleb! I was sad and missed him his whole first day back! 
Caleb is growing too fast and wants to "walk himself" to school.  So I drive him up to the crosswalk, he gets out and crosses the street to school.  He did this for a long time and I watch him walk the whole time.  Just recently he told me I can just drive him into school.  He also started going to "Free Breakfast" at school so I drive him up so he has enough time to eat.  Caleb turns and waves to me every day after he gets out of the car.  He also gives Kellan a high five before he gets out of the car.  It makes my day to see him walk a few steps, turn around, smile and wave at me! I LOVE HIM!
Kellan is my sidekick!  I'm trying to wean him off naps and now we have more time to "hang like friends" as he would say.  We do "homework" time while Crue naps so we can work on our ABC's and numbers.  I am usually wearing my glasses so he sometimes borrows my fake ones.
Crue is a character!!!  He LOVES his jimmy jams (pajamas) but he also LOVES his sweatshirts and shoes.... so we very often wear our jams with shoes and a sweatshirt... it can be a problem if we have to go somewhere.  We may or may not have gone to the park with this outfit... don't judge!
This picture makes me laugh.... the boys were playing and then some dancers came on the morning news and they stopped dead in their tracks to watch the girls.  Uh oh.
Look at how sweet these two are!  They were cuddling on the couch watching a show after Caleb got home from school.  They must have gotten really comfy in their warm blanket because Kellan passed out and Caleb was quick to follow.
Speaking of characters... I looked over at Kellan in the middle of music class a couple weeks ago and found this... I ddin't even know he brought those! All the kids thought he was super cool.  I think that was his plan all along!
Cute little spies. 
 Three cuties in a tub.
 We are loving our daily trips to parks!  So far 2013 is pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment