Elder Wilkins, also known as Uncle Jojo, came home from his mission on Friday. We have been counting down the days!
He served in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission.
Of course we were ready and waiting at the airport with our posters and t-shirts!
Caleb worked so hard on his poster! He was so cute! He was so proud that his poster had "Spanish" on it... he wrote "te amo" and "bienvenidos". I love that it also says, "We are so proud of you" and "Welcome home... I guess."
Not only were we excited to see Jojo but Abby and Nelly came down too. Nelly didn't come until Friday night so the boys didn't get to see her until Sunday :(
Kellan and Crue had matching "Elder Wilkins is my hero" shirts and Caleb's said, "I want to be a missionary like Jojo." I was able to make one this time for me! It says, "Elder Wilkins es mi heroe." I thought we looked pretty cute!
Isn't he handsome? Well we saw him walking up and Nana went and hugged him first. I had to hold back and let Papa hug him next but after that I just ran to him! Crue got a little freaked out about his mom hugging strangers. It wasn't until we went to lunch that he figured out this guy in a suit must be someone special that we all know.
Jordan was very quiet probably from being so tired and overwhelmed!(you can see Crue's poster in this one... it said, "Nice to meet you Tio. Me llamo Crue."
Welcome home!!!
My grandpa's face above cracks me up... and Jordan is probably wondering how to get back to Paraguay and away from all these weirdos! Haha!
Well we stopped for lunch at Aloha Kitchen and at Deseret Bookstore before taking Jordan home. He was exhausted but I couldn't stop hugging him! He had so many stories to tell and things to show us... including this weird, crazy tea drink.... uh... it weirded me out. Not gonna lie. Well we ate cupcakes, visited and watched things slowly sink in for him! He was fascinated by the washer and dryer... and talked about how amazing a warm shower was for awhile. He thought it was awesome that he didn't have to wear flip flops. For the record, we did tell him to take a nap... several times. He had to make three stops all with layovers on his way here. The flight from Argentina to Texas was 11 hours! But he refused to sleep.
That night Jordan was released as a missionary and it was a very spiritual and emotional experience. I'm so glad I was there. He loved being a missionary so much! He didn't want to leave the mission. He didn't want to stop being a missionary. You could just see in his face and feel how much he loved serving Heavenly Father and the people of Paraguay. It was so touching, adorable, admirable and sad at the same time. He will be remembered in Paraguay and now he has lives to touch here and in Utah, or wherever he goes! I'm so glad to have him back! We've all missed our Jojo.






wow that is so awesome! welcome home jordan!!! i can't believe how much he looks like your dad, it is crazy.
ReplyDelete