Young Boys

Young Boys

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Preschooler

It's been a busy and all the big stuff is still coming.  Anyway, we've been doing  a lot of crafty things including making Valentines and one day Kellan gave us this... His first REAL drawing.  It's random family members.  Caleb wrote in some names after Kellan told him who was who. Kellan normally hates drawing.  I hand him a crayon and he ends up throwing them and creating bullets or bombs.  He balls up the paper and turns it into a basketball.  So I was SURPRISED and impressed when he handed me this drawing! 
 Last week my friend asked if I wanted Kellan in preschool and I said I was waiting until August but to ask the lady who teaches to put me down on the list. She came back and said I was on the August list but that there was an opening now.  I talked to "Miss Nikkii" and said I wasn't sure how he would do.... he's my home body, kinda shy, not a "school" kid.   Until recently he didn't draw.  He refuses to do ABC's and counting.  He would rather play basketball.  She said to just try it out!  So we did yesterday!
 He refused to wear the cute outfit I picked out.  He refused to do his hair.  He was nervous.  He told me he would go say hi, drop off his Valentines and pick up his and then leave.  "I don't even have to go inside, Mom."  I said, "Okay let's just say hi."  We were late because he was getting sad that I wouldn't go inside with him.  We got there and he looked inside at all the kids having fun and Miss Nikkii was so upbeat and nice that he was sold instantly!  She asked if he wanted to play... "Yes."  Do you like parties? "Yes."  Do you want to put your backpack down? "Yes."  Can your Mommy go home and pick you up later? "Yes." Bam.  So I left and picked him up three hours later.
 Crue had a hard time.  He walked around and looked out the window calling Kellan.... or "Tackem" as he says.  He was overjoyed three hours later.
 Kellan had an AMAZING time at school.  He was so happy and has told me countless times that he wants to go back!
 Crue was in heaven because both brothers came home around the same time.  Caleb had a half day.  He jumped right on the couch and cuddled with Caleb.  I told him he could sit there for a little bit... and then he cut me off and said, "No nigh nigh.  Watch T-T wis 'Sayla'." (Sayla = Caleb)  I let him cuddle and watch TV for a bit longer!
 Random... Caleb noticed he has a butt chin and when you squeeze it, it really looks like a baby's butt.  He feels bad for Kellan that his chin doesn't do this.
 Last night we finished all our posters for when Jojo gets home!  We are so excited!  That will be our next post!  Oh maybe Valentines Day and then Elder Wilkins homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment